Poster by Rob Cham
In an effort to minimize cigarette butt clutter, Muni PH, with its #CutTheCrap #NoMoreButts Campaign, with collaborations with several artists, aims to educate everyone with the impact of cigarette butts in the environment. I can’t argue that I don’t smoke, because I do, and democracy allows us to burn our lungs to our content. But being a responsible smoker is another thing – especially when our ailing planet needs us to simply throw our cig trash in the bin. And it’s not easy when you’re smoking in a place without a trash bin or an ashtray.
Poster by Manix Abrera
Poster by OJ Desuasido
Poster by JP Cuison
So Muni PH campaigns and proposes to use old film canisters as temporary (and portable!) ashtrays. With this, you can easily avoid throwing cigarette butts anywhere. And it’s sustainable since you don’t need to buy it.
Don’t know where to find film canisters though? Then simply go to the #CutTheCrap gig at Route 196 on June 15 because they will be giving away canisters for free! And get to watch Pedicab, Ciudad, Your Imaginary Friends, Slow Hello, RomCom and No Rome. Yepp, it’s hard not to smoke in a gig, so you’ll be using it as well!
This and more things you can help Muni PH with if you go to their gig!
Your support in this project will directly help us make the following things happen:
- Spread more awareness about Muni’s #CutTheCrap movement by buying tickets, attending and talking about the gig
- Help us continue to create more campaigns and events to spread the #CutTheCrap campaign (not limited to gigs, but also for videos, hangouts/discussions, screenings, exhibits, workshops, etc.)
- Help us keep www.muni.com.ph going (We’ve been running on no funding since November and have had to shell out from our own pocket to set up and maintain the website. And while we’re happy to do this for Muni, we realized we can’t sustain the site that way.)Contribute funds to Save Philippine Seas’ Pawikan Watchers project (25% of proceeds will go to Save Philippine Seas)
In backing the project, you’ll be able to:
- Be part of a community of like-minded people who you just might collaborate with on awesome projects in the future 🙂
- Watch Pedicab, Ciudad, Your Imaginary Friends, Slow Hello, No Rome and RomCom
- See works by various illustrators
- Get a chance to win the following prizes:
- Lagu beach blankets worth P999 each
- Loud Basstard speakers worth P1,200 each
- Lumago Designs upcycled jewelry worth P550-P700 each
- 50-75% discount coupons from co.lab
- …and more coming up!
Also get to patronize socially/environmentally conscious brands at discounted prices through Muni’s online shop (and possibly at the event itself!)
See you there and cut the crap starting NOW!
Muni is a community that aims to create a culture of social/environmental awareness through creativity via our website, social media, and offline events.
He works in digital advertising but this blog is not about his job. Jonver overshares about his travels, boy dreams, and existentiality on his little space in the world wide web. He finds drunk tweeting amusing - all the more because he's funnier that way.
He likes to believe that his name is so unique he feels confident to ask you to search his name instead of giving his social media handles.
Latest posts by Jonver (see all)
- POSTCARD # 8: Bomb Epicenter Peace Memorial Park, Nagasaki, Japan 2019 - December 17, 2019
- POSTCARD #7: On the way to Fuji-san, Shinjuku station, Tokyo, Japan 2015 - August 13, 2019
- Be Carbon-Neutral! - July 17, 2019